This week has been a little rough in the positive thinking arena. Aside from Monday of course which was obviously a phenomenal day when I got to tell all the people in my life how much I cared about them :). I have had a tough time lately coming to terms with my current work environment (as you may have read previously) and also trying not to overload those close to me by spewing a constant stream of never-ending complaints about my untapped life potential.
So…I decided that enough, is enough. I am going to try to focus more on the great things in my life (of which there are many), instead of engaging in a never-ending cycle of complaining and apologizing for complaining to those that care about me. Here are the ten things I am thankful for in the past week (I had to limit myself to the week in order to limit myself to ten things)…I am a very lucky girl.
Tiffany’s Top Ten (in no rank or particular order)
I am thankful that…
1. I can (somewhat easily) pay my bills and still have enough left over to spend some fun money on spending time with friends.
2. I may not thoroughly enjoy my job but I have the experience and education that allows me to apply for better positions.
3. I have people in my life that care enough about me to listen to me whine about petty things without complaint.
4. I have access to standup comedians who allow me to laugh so hard my cheeks hurt and reality TV that allows me to check out and get invested in other’s goals and ambitions rather than focusing on my own perceived failures. (Thank you Slice, Paul Plakas,Tommy Europe, Daniel Tosh and Louis C.K.)
5. I am not delusional enough to think that “Teen Mom 2” is glamorous or anything to strive for; and yet I have people in my life who live amazingly full lives with children of their own – those are the realistic and content moms I hope to model myself after (in many, many years 😉 )
6. I do not dread going to the gym most days…in fact I thoroughly enjoy about 90% of the times I’m there. This makes it easier to work towards the strong, healthy me I would like to be.
7. I live in a city where Winterlude is a part of my daily life…some days this place still leaves me in awe over how pretty it can be.
8. Those I care about are safe and happy and leading fulfilling lives.
9. I have parents who would drop everything to ensure that I was emotionally supported in any life decision I made and who look forward to my visits home for months in advance.
10. Most mornings I wake up (albeit groggily) feeling like I have a better day ahead of me than yesterday…and yesterday was pretty good. If my life continues on its current overall trajectory I would say that I am headed in the right direction and it looks like I have a lot to look forward to over the next 75 years or so (at least).
Hope this inspired you to revel in the good things that are present in your daily lives…and for those of you who don’t hate country music feel free to be inspired by Darius Rucker’s song – “Alright”.
…also I am thankful someone may read this 😉